HSBC will launch Mobile Security Key and Touch ID in the latest HSBC HK Mobile Banking app in early April. This new functionality allows all Personal Internet Banking customers easier access to digital banking and means customers who have activated Mobile Security Key will be able to dispose of their physical Security Device.
Communications on how to enjoy this new functionality will be sent to customers in batches.
Greg Hingston, Head of Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Hong Kong, HSBC, said, “We are pleased to be the first bank in Hong Kong offering both Mobile Security Key and Touch ID, a simple, secure and one-touch authentication, for our mobile banking customers.
As technology makes mobile banking simpler, we are confident that more of our customers will use mobile devices for more of their transactions. We will continue to broaden and enhance our digital channels to make banking more flexible and convenient for our customers.”
Available via the latest version of the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app for both Apple and Android, the brand new Mobile Security Key replaces the physical Security Device by creating a digital version stored safely on a smartphone allowing access to both Personal Internet Banking and Mobile Banking easily and securely. Customers who have activated their Mobile Security Key will no longer have to carry an additional physical Security Device
to access our full range of digital banking services.
Touch ID provides added convenience to Apple users (for iPhone 5s or above), allowing them to log on using their fingerprint, as well as confirm transactions within the app. Android fingerprint support is coming soon.
To activate Mobile Security Key on your mobile device, customers need to have a valid and up-to-date mobile phone number and email address in our records, as well as hold a compatible device.
Once activated Mobile Security Key on your device, the Mobile Security Key is tied to your phone. For security reasons, Mobile Security Key can only be registered to one device at a time, and each customer can choose either the physical Security Device or a Mobile Security Key. Customers with supported Apple devices, can activate Touch ID immediately after setting up their Mobile Security Key.
Keeping your banking information safe and secure is important to HSBC. Customers also play a critical role in keeping their personal information protected. Here are some tips for safe use of Mobile Security Key and Touch ID:
– You should only download the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and its updates from official supplying app store like Apple App Store and Google Play™ and not from any unofficial sources.
– Avoid sharing your device with others and use your own handset or tablet to log on
– Set up auto-lock, passcode or fingerprint lock to prevent unauthorised access to your
handset and tablets
– Activate Mobile Security Key on your personal mobile device that you commonly use
– Do not use any jailbroken or rooted handsets or tablets which may have security
loopholes to log on to Mobile Banking or Personal Internet Banking
– If you lose your mobile phone, especially with Mobile Security Key activated, please
contact Customer Service Hotline and report to us immediately, so we can help you
to deactivate it
– Wipe data on your old phone or tablet before you donate, resell or recycle it
- HSBC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMMES BENEFIT 220 HONG KONG STUDENTS
- HSBC LAUNCHES APP COMPETITION AIMED AT FIGHTING FINANCIAL CRIME
- Standard Chartered appoints regional Vice Chairs for Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Standard Chartered fully supports HKMC’s Reverse Mortgage Programme
- HSBC INTRODUCES MOBILE SECURITY KEY & TOUCH ID IN HONG KONG